What you need to know about COVID-19
Since Early 2020 Shelby County has been fighting the COVID-19 pandemic, and Lifedoc Health has been doing everything we can to continue to care for and guide our patients. Therefore, we want to let you know the following important recommendations in order to protect yourself and your loved ones, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Tennessee Department of Health (TDH).
- If you have a fever and/or cough CALL US AT (901) 683-0024 BEFORE COMING TO THE CLINIC as you may be at a higher risk.
- If you’ve had close contact with a laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 patient within 14 days, CALL US BEFORE COMING TO THE CLINIC, as you may be at a higher risk.
- If you have a history of travel from affected geographic areas within 14 days, CALL US BEFORE COMING TO THE CLINIC. Please find a list of the affected geographic areas below:
- Coronavirus has been shown to be more aggressive the older you are, as well as in those with underlying breathing or immune system conditions. Therefore, please make sure people 60 years old, or older, stay indoors and restrict contact with others as much as possible.
- If you have any fever and/or cough and your symptoms are getting worse, or you have difficulty breathing and are in need of immediate attention, call 911 to let them know your symptoms and possible exposure.
- For any additional questions please call the Shelby County Health Department at 901-692-7523 or 877-857-2945.